Strategic Plan Design for Better Results
Establishing the right plan design can meaningfully lower your costs, save you time and energy involved with managing your plan, and help employees maximize their 401(k) benefits.
Our Dedicated Customer Success Managers Are Here to Help
401(k) plans are highly flexible, and your ShareBuilder 401k Customer Success Manager will complete a plan design analysis and develop a framework and program tailored specifically to your business. Whether it be a safe harbor, vesting schedules, advanced profit sharing configurations, auto-enrollment, pre-testing or coordinated employee education initiatives, the program will be fully backed by our service team to ensure exceptional delivery every step of the way.
Things We Consider When Crafting Your Plan
What are your business goals?
In getting aligned with you, we’ll cover questions such as:
- What are your workforce dynamics? (i.e. Do you have seasonal workers? Are you looking for added retention benefits with your plan?)
- How do you want to manage employer contributions and tax deductions?
- How hands-on do you want to be with employee programs?
- Is there a budget or cost goals you’re working toward?
What do you value?
We want to ensure you receive a streamlined, high quality plan.
- How do your plan costs stack up vs other company plans your size?
- What are the cost drivers in your plan and how are they managed?
- How much energy are you spending administrating the plan?
- Is your company having ongoing issues with passing IRS tests?
- If your plan requires annual audits, what are the recurrent themes?
What are your employee goals?
A great plan design works in the best interest of employees.
- How are employees leveraging your 401(k)?
- How do they access it now and what options do they have?
- Do they appear to be saving enough?
- What does your education program look like and how is it measured?
We Can Help You Compare Plans
If you want some guidance in determining whether your plan makes the most financial sense for you and your employees, we can help by reviewing your costs and even forecasting the impact.